I used to watch Pokemon when it first began, 15 years ago. I stopped after they added more than the original 150. I just got my boyfriend to start watching it with me again, so we’re going through the old stuff I remember from when I was a kid. BUT, he wanted to watch it in the Japanese with subtitles, which I have never seen.
The stuff they didn’t show in the US is awesome.
Over 300 notes. I’m not sure where people are still finding it, but, cool!
You know, I thought the next must-have 3DS game would be Super Smash Bros.
I want this so bad.
Oh yeah, we’re going to own this. Don’t tell Alex.
I was going through my pictures and decided to do an appreciation post about my dog, Maddie, because she’s the weirdest but the only dog that could make Alex actually like “princess dogs”, as we call them.
I still haven’t finished that drawing.
harry potter meme ϟ ten characters (8/10) - neville longbottom
“i’ll join you when hell freezes over,” said neville. “dumbledore’s army!” he shouted, and there was an answering cheer from the crowd, whom voldemort’s silencing charms seemed unable to hold.
The evolution of girl gamers
Boy gamers are so self-centered they act as though women haven’t been playing video games for decades, and then act horrified when the female gamers who have always been there actually become visible and vocal about the rampant misogyny that has infected the gaming world.
Like seriously, how entitled do you have to be that women saying “it sure would be nice if I wasn’t treated like shit while enjoying the games I play” translates to “I must be catered to” when video games have LITERALLY been catered to men for decades?
- 1993 - 64% of girls reported playing video games
- 1996 - "home use had increased for fourth grade girls"
- 1998 - "both male and female adolescents play video games on a regular basis."
- 1999 - "88% of the female college students … surveyed were video game players."
- 2007 - 20-47% of adolescent girls play video games
- 2008 - "94% of girls play video games"
- 2010 - "Forty percent of all game players are women."
- 2012 - "Women 18 or older represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (30%) than boys age 17 or younger"
- 2013 -"adult women are nearly half of all video game players"
I didn’t get all the dates, but I think you can get the point.
Also considered posting my own personal gaming history, but I would’ve had to go back to the 80s for that. e_e
Uh whoever made this graphic, I only have one thing to say: FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU